Friday 27 April 2012

Evaluation Q4:Who would be the audience for your media product?



The Audience for my media product was largely shaped by my brief, which stated the film should appear to be aimed at "15-25yr old males and females". The audience for my product would also be dependent on the other aspects in the brief, namely that it should be an action film appearing to be based on a computer game. 


Taking this into account when thinking of a target audience I realised that my target audience was most likely going to primarily consist of fans of both areas of the media, film and computer games. So from combining the research I had done into audience during the research and planning stages the average member of my target audience member will most likely to like the more mainstream titles from the two genres, which shaped how I created the product, because I chose to base it off a fictional AAA title, "On the edge". 


From the research I did into the audience for my Film opening I began to build up a picture of the kind of person I would be aiming my product at, I did this so that I was able to tailor the film to the target audience by selecting the framing, mise-en-scene and other elements that were commonly seen in films aimed at the age bracket. 


An interesting aspect I thought to look at when deciding on a target audience was nationality, as computer games are probably the most inclusive medium when it comes to interaction across cultures, due to the two key power houses, Playstation(japan) and Microsoft(America) being global companies as well as development companies existing all over the world, but being linked by online community services such as PSN, Xbox Live, Steam and many more. This lead me to realise that a film fronted by EA(one of my distribution companies) would reach a world wide audience. Taking this into account I made sure to look at a wide variety of films for research to pander to my global target audience. 












No comments:

Post a Comment